New Limestone Review
New Limestone Review is looking for submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry on a rolling basis for monthly issues of our online literary review. We have no stated limitations on form or subject matter, but we are looking for work that feels alive. Maybe your characters are living breathing real, or your subject is vital, or the piece just makes us want to sing or cry or run to find someone to show it to. All pieces published online are eligible for inclusion in our annual print publication.
Please note: to maintain the standard of quality associated with New Limestone Review, and to handle ever-increasing number of submissions, we only accept submissions through Submittable. The $4 submission fee covers production costs only; no person on our staff receives any part.
General Submission Guidelines:
- Please include author name and contact information on the first page of your submission.
- Use .docx or .pdf format.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted.
- If your work has been accepted elsewhere, please withdraw it from consideration.
- Submissions are only accepted online through submittable: do not mail submissions by post. - Submissions will be considered for online publication and for inclusion in our once-yearly print ‘best of’ issue.
- Submissions are limited to one prose piece and five poems at a time. Please group poetry into one submission. Multiple submissions in the same genre will be returned unread.
- We make every effort to respond within three months, but response time will vary according to the number of submissions.
- Responses will be provided by e-mail.
- Please prepare your submission in letter-sized format, with ample margins, double-spaced, using a standard typeface (e.g., Times, Helvetica, Arial) and font size (12 point is best).
- Do not send pieces that have been previously published elsewhere, including self-published work. This includes online, on social media, in a personal blog, or self-published work etc.
New Limestone Review does not offer payment at this time. However, if your work is accepted, you will receive a contributor’s copy, as well as a free gift subscription.
If you are a current student at University of Kentucky, or have been a student within the last 2 years, please do not submit to New Limestone Review. You may enter your work 2 years after your last year of attendance at UK.
Please upload files as a .jpg or .pdf document.
For web header images:
images 508 x 339 px
7.06 x 4.71 in
for print- no larger than 7360 px on the longest side
no larger than 24.53 in on the longest side
Images accepted include: sculpture, painting, drawing, video, performance, installation can be submitted through documentation images or stills.
All rights to the work is to be reserved by the artist, however New Limestone Review reserves the right to publish the work in the future